June 25 marks one year the King of Pop has left us all. Many books revolving him has since hit the shelves. Nelson George’s The Musical Life of Michael Jackson is another to join the bandwagon. Is this worth adding to your collection? Read the review and judge for yourself.
- WowReadThis: The Kindness Club : Chlo... — This is the first book in the Kindness Club series, where Courtney Sheinmel tells the story of Chloe Silver, a fifth-grader who has always been optimistic, until her parents divorced and she has to start afresh at a new school. When Chloe starts school, she is approached by the popular girls club, namely the IT Girls [...]
- WowReadThis : My So-Called Superpower... — In this first book of Heather Nuhfer’s middle-grade series, she has captured what it’s like to be in middle school; wanting to fit in with the cool kids, but led to a journey of (adventure and mystery packed) self-discovery; at least for Veronica McGowan’s case. Veronica desperately wants to be noticed in school. She wishes [...]
- WowReadThis: Iron Bird Monika — While it is easy to say “women can do anything a man can do”, the slogan feels empty when considering that many challenging and interesting jobs are male-dominated. After all, you can’t be what you can’t see. Which is why it is always heartening and emboldening to hear stories of women smashing the glass [...]
- WowReadThis: The Solo Travel Handbook — Hans Christian Andersen said, “To travel is to live” and nowadays, it is becoming easier and cheaper to step out to travel and see the world. But what if your spouse cannot take the time off work to go with you? What if the rest of your family do not have enough money to [...]
- WowReadThis: Fire and Fury: Inside th... — There have been so many books written about Donald Trump and his presidency that Michael Wolff’s latest offering should have flown under the radar when it was due to be published in January 2018, until the unthinkable happened: the publisher of the book received a cease-and-desist letter from the Trump’s lawyer to block the [...]